There are some poker sites that should be avoided, and the blacklist below details 2021's worst offenders in online poker. As responsible players, and fellow Kiwis, we want to make certain that New Zealanders are made aware of these blacklisted poker sites.
There's no way that we want to see your hard-earned money go down the drain because of some rogue poker room. Therefore, this poker blacklist of bad places to play is designed to warn players to stay away.
So, what gets a site “blacklisted”?
Sites like PokerStars and Full Tilt were blacklisted in the USA because they chose to operate after UIEGA (The Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2021) was enforced. However, in the rest of the world, they are considered legitimate companies that fell foul of US laws.
The blacklisted poker rooms on this site have serious allegations of negligence and malpractice. These guys just don't care about their customers, their employees or any regulation.
Here are a few reasons why the sites on our list fall short and are considered untrustworthy places to play:
- Not paying players and/or not segregating player funds.
- Not holding a valid gaming licence or certificate.
- Problems with the software that allow for colluding and cheating by both players and employees.
- Not properly securing player deposits.
- Operating in areas where online poker is banned by law.
- Inadequate security measures, leading to a failure in protecting player's personal data, including banking details, etc.
With that in mind, we have compiled this poker online blacklist to show you the rooms that you should steer clear of at all costs. These online poker sites have been blacklisted for a variety of reasons.
Read on to find out how and why they made our Top 10 list of blacklisted real money gaming sites.