Although PayPal poker deposits are not available to residents of New Zealand, there are plenty of alternative payment options which are available from New Zealand and can be used to fund your game. The closest alternatives are Skrill and Neteller, which like PayPal are electronic wallets offering instant deposits with no fees.
Our expert review team has shortlisted the best poker rooms offering premium quality games and tournaments for players from New Zealand. The sites we have selected and approved offer a variety of payment options for New Zealanders, including the option to make deposits and withdrawals using both Skrill and Neteller.
- Fast and easy deposits
- Secure poker payments
- New Zealand dollars available
- Personal information kept private
- No fees for deposits
PayPal is one of the most popular and reliable online payments system in New Zealand and worldwide. Established in 1998, it has become a mainstay in the e-wallet, e-money and e-commerce markets. In 2014, PayPal had processed USD $228 billion dollars in 26 currencies across 190 countries, including New Zealand.
Although PayPal stopped processing gambling transactions back in 2003, the re-entered the market in 2010. This time, they restricted transactions to countries where online gambling isn't illegal and for poker rooms that are properly licensed to operate in their jurisdictions.
Since then, players in New Zealand have found that e-wallets, like Skrill and Neteller, are a great way to process online poker deposits and withdrawals. It's quick, easy and requires a simple login to transfer funds to and from your any e-wallet account. And, getting an e-money account set up is equally simple. All that's required is a valid email address, which must be verified. Once that's done, Kiwi players can fund their e-wallet using their credit card, debit card or bank account.
There's an even better reason why NZ players should use an e-wallet company such as Skrill or Neteller. Your personal information and financial details are kept secure and safe from prying eyes. Players can withdraw and deposit real money, without having to give out their credit card, debit card or other banking account information.
Here are some guidelines we used to rate the online poker sites accepting E-Wallets:
- Security – E-wallets uses highly SSL encrypted software, and we expect no less from the real cash sites we recommend. Keeping players’ information safe is a top priority.
- Accessibility – Being able to quickly access the poker online cashier is also a number one concern. The quicker players can deposit, the quicker they can start playing.
- Game Variety and Table Selection – Having a wide range of games that appeal to Kiwi players, as well as enough tables to accommodate them, was also an important concern for us. We want to make certain that our fellow players have access to the best games at times suitable to New Zealanders.
The Advantages of Using E-Wallets
Opening an e-wallet account so that you can deposit and withdraw from your online poker account is very simple. The process involves you registering on the e-wallet site using a valid email address. You can then add a range of funding options, including credit, debit cards and bank accounts. Once these are verified, you get even more benefits to using your account.
Using e-commerce accounts like Skrill, Neteller or Paysafecard to play online poker in New Zealand has many advantages over using bank, credit or debit card directly with the poker site.
- It's safe. Your personal information and bank card details are all kept safe. All you need is your registered email address and password to make a deposit into your poker account.
- It's quick! It takes minutes, from start to finish, to transfer cash into your player account.
- Transactions are all completed online, so you don't have to worry about carrying around a physical card.
- If you forget your password, you don't need to apply for a new account. It's very easy to reset it online and get a new one. Unlike an actual bank card that could take weeks to replace.
New Zealand's Best E-Money Poker Rooms
E-wallets are a very well-respected online payments processing companies. The NZ poker rooms they choose to align with have been thoroughly vetted and checked for their security and trustworthiness. Therefore, you can be confident that your transactions are safe when playing at a recognised e-wallet online poker site.
Now that you're E-Wallet approved, let's play some poker online!
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately for most people it will not be possible to use PayPal as a funding method. Some poker sites accept PayPal deposits from UK residents, but for other countries you must seek an alternative funding method.
All poker rooms will accept payments using debit or credit cards such as Visa and Mastercard. If you wish to use an alternative electronic wallet other than PayPal then Neteller and Skrill are widely accepted.
Neteller and Skrill provide a fast and hassle-free method to make deposits and withdrawals to and from poker sites. These are among the fastest and most secure funding methods available.
All the payment methods recommended on these pages are perfectly safe and secure. Whether you use debit/credit cards, Skrill, Neteller, PaySafecard, POLi or any other bank transfer method recommended on this site you need have no concerns regarding safety.
Neteller is generally the fastest option when it comes to withdrawing funds, as online poker rooms usually process a Neteller payout in less than 24 hours. Any credit/debit card, electronic wallet or voucher system will provide instant deposits.
Generally players do not have to pay any fees for deposits, although if you are using bank transfers or debit/credit cards you should check with your bank regarding any fees they may impose.
If a credit card is your preferred deposit/withdrawal method then this is a perfectly sound payment method to use and very secure. It should be noted that if you are depositing with Mastercard from New Zealand then you will need to use a different method for withdrawals.